Contemporary jewellery brand Astrid & Miyu has increased daily revenue by 400% since introducing piercing studios into 3 of its London locations. *
Superdrug has launched piercing services into 53 of its stores after seeing profits rise by 40% following the introduction of beauty services in 300 of its stores.
Talking to the news and education publication, Essential Retail, Jerry Walking, Superdrug’s sales operations director says “Many retailers feel you have to do something different to compete with online retailing, you can’t get these services online so it gives customers a reason to come into Superdrug, and hopefully the customers will buy their other beauty-related products rather than buying online.”
What lessons can hair salons take from this?
As a busy salon you face different challenges to the retail market. Your competition is not on-line, but across the road or down the street.
Extending the services you offer opens your doors to a different market and helps you stand out from the competition.
Ear piercing looks like a trend that is here to stay, especially with multiple piercings become more and more popular within the world of fashion and is a highly cost effective way to boost business.
5 business benefits of ear piercing:
- Profitable – good profit margin and excellent ROI
- New Markets – open your doors to a new demographic of customer
- Boost sales – upselling and repeat business opportunities
- Easy set-up – Simple and easy to set-up without a big financial outlay or impacting retail space
- Increase Social Media Engagement – Encourage customer to use social media tagging to tell their friends about their piercing and your business. Read more about using social media to boost your ear piecing business (link to blog)
Important: Full training must be undertaken before you start ear-piercing and you must also be able to provide a safe and hygienic environment to carry out your piercings. Many local authorities will also have their own license regulations you need to meet before you can start.
Caress provides support and advice to all our customers, especially those starting out with ear-piercing services. You will be given a full marketing tool-kit, including aftercare literature to hand out to your customers.
If you would like to discover more about boosting your business by
piercing ears the Caress way, please get in touch.